Thursday, August 26

Double poop, but don't worry - Minecraft!!!

Now I don't know if this sounds just too coincidental but the day I planned to write something for this very blog, was the very same day my body decided to contract a bug my cousin had obviously been carrying.

Does it?

Well it's the truth either way, which means the past three days have been nothing more than me lying in bed not noticing/caring about the outside world. However I'm going to stop depressing you with my awful story and get on with what this post is about, and lemme tell you this, it's something pretty special...



If you watch Seananner's video's on YouTube then you should know what I'm on about because it was was he that brought this game into the limelight. It's been around for around a year and after mentioning in a vlog, Seananners has opened it up to a lot of new people, including me! What he actually did was give a link to someone else on YouTube called davidr64yt who is currently doing a walkthrough of it. After watching all his 30 or so video's on it I was hooked.

The basic premise of the game is that in this randomly generated blocky land where your character starts, there are many different resources around you that you can mine. After mining them, you can craft things with them, y'see where I'm going here? However, to save boredom kicking in, the game also incorporates a day/night system - in the day happy cuddly animals such as cows, chickens and pigs roam the land, but at night they are replaced by skeletons, spiders and zombies that are out to kill you. So the goal is simply to survive by building shelters, food, armour, weapons etc etc.

This game looks set to explode in popularity now more people know about it, and then maybe the developer, Notch, might finally finish the game (at the moment it's still in alpha development). Minecraft looks to have unlimited potential with the way things can be created and the various physics the game holds including electricity, water and gravity. You can already see the amazing things being created back when it's audience was tiny so have a search on YouTube and whilst there watch some gameplay vids because believe me - you'll be impressed!

There's so much more to say about this game but I think it's easier just to watch it and find out for yourself, so go on, do it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment